[Heath] Heath choice for IF

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 07:29:04 EDT 2020

Hi,

The Apache had a phasing type SSB adapter external to the transmitter. I
didn't have a Mohawk. That was the HB-10 and could be fitted to a
DX-100. The DX-100B was made to accommodate an SSB adapter and the
DX-100 could be modified for it.

I don't believe the Mohawk had xtal filters but L-C filters in a low
final IF. I never had a Mohawk get within striking range during the ~20
years I had the Apache. Maybe the SB-100 series radios had those
filters. I have the info somewhere about the Mohawk and some of the
others but it is not 'near-line' at the moment. I have to physically
mount a hard drive to access it. *Deep storage*.

I do still have the DX-100 and the DX-60/HR-10 but I let the HB-10 go
with the Apache. The HR-10 has a simpler xtal filter (2-pole) but not
the 3.395 MHz unit. the Kenwood Twins (I have a set) uses 3.395 MHz xtal
filters and possibly some other radios do. I have a set of SSB and CW
xtal filters from the Heathkit series for a project here.

73,

Bill  KU8H

bark less - wag more