[Heath] SB-630 and SB-200 parts FS

Ken, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:30:18 EST 2020

I have parts from both a Heath SB-630 station
console and a Heath SB-200 HF Amplifier available,
plus resistors for amplifiers.

.

Parts for Heath SB-630 station console:

Many SB-630 parts are available.

Most of the internal parts are left, including
all of the "under chassis" parts.

The clock is available, and runs, but could
stand a good cleaning.

Front panel and outer case are gone, but
reflectometer assembly, transformer, switches,
etc. are still available.

Please let me know what you need.

.

I have NEW parts from a Heath SB-200 HF Amplifier
available.

Apparently this unit was started by a now
silent key, but was not finished.

I have parts that I want to make available
to those needing them.
These are NEW pristine parts. I am amazed how
bright and brilliant the case and front
panel look.
We must have gotten used to seeing paint
that is old and not near as brilliant as this.

Here is a list of SOME of the NEW parts
that are available:

Front panel

Power Transformer

Pair of circuit breakers

Power Supply printed circuit board. This has
been completed, with all parts soldered
in place.

Tuning Variable Capacitor

SWR sensitivity pot

Doorknob capacitors

Bifilar filament choke

Most of the metal mechanical parts

Other small parts (such as resistors, capacitors,
etc.) are also available.

Many parts are already gone, but those listed
above are available at the present time.
Remember, these are new, unused parts.

What do you need? Please let me know.

.

Resistors for high voltage metering:

Do you have a linear amplifier that has an
error in the high voltage reading? Maybe you do
not even know it has an error!

Heath used three 4.7 meg resistors in the SB-220/221
and also in the SB-200/201 amplifiers. Almost all
of these resistors are out of tolerance today, partially
because of their age, but also because their voltage
rating was exceeded.

I was able to obtain a quantity of new resistors that
are 4.7 Meg, 1% tolerance, 2 watt, and are rated to
handle the high voltage. This compares to the original
resistors furnished by Heath that were 4.7 Meg, 5%,
1 watt and about 400 volts.

Note that these can be used in any amp that uses the
4.7 Meg resistors -- not just Heath amps.

Buy a set of three for $3 plus shipping from Florida.
Combine with other items to save shipping!

.

Resistors for Electrolytic Filter Capacitors:

In all of the Heath HF amplifiers, they use
a low resistance value, high power resistor
for equalizing resistors across each of the
filter caps. This is problematic in that they
dissipate a lot of excessive heat, which causes
the caps to get hotter than necessary,
and die a premature death.

The solution to this is to use a higher
value resistor. It also should have a tighter
tolerance, so that it equalizes the voltages
across the filter caps better.

I have a quantity of new 120K ohm, 3 watt,
1% resistors which are ideal for the purpose.

These are available for only $0.75 each, plus
shipping.
Six are needed for the SB-200/201 and
eight are needed for the SB-220/221.

.

I also have many other accessories available
such as many different types of microphones,
HTs, VHF and UHF rigs, HF and VHF/UHF antennas,
connectors, miscellaneous accessories, etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your
requests.

.

Thanks.

73,