[Heath] Testing crystals

Bob G3OOU g3oou at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 03:40:11 EDT 2021

Hi Ron

If the crystals are soldered in then you could install two temporary
miniature croc clips on short wires to aid in testing your collection of
crystals.

Alternatively you can use a crystal test set or make up a prototype of
the oscillator in dead bug format with croc clips to connect to the
crystals for a quick test facility.

The VF-2031 applies audio to the oscillator for direct FM on transmit
which requires the crystal to meet a certain specification to get
consistent frequency and modulation results.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns G3OOU, G-QRP 6907, @BobFBurns
Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: http://cprec.btck.co.uk/