[huawei-nsp] Is there anybody on this list?

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Wed Feb 20 12:27:58 EST 2013

I looked at the Huawei boxes and they were all awful. Either too huge, expensive or lacking in features. Additionally, they have crazy limitations on the number of l2 vpn connections (8 on some boxes!) which made them unusable for me.

I ended up with the Juniper SRX220, SRX240 and now the ACX boxes. The SRX220 is very well priced, you get 12 ports of Gig Ethernet and it has all the various MPLS/edge features. The ACX boxes are similar, just a lot faster.

I have some Huawei PGPx16 routers though, they seem OK, a little quirky but isn't everything!? A bit of a bizarre power arrangement though.

Their little 1U switches seem to work OK though.

--
Leigh