[Inet-ops] cheap route server

Ralph Doncaster ralph@istop.com
Tue Dec 10 18:32:14 EST 2002

I'm looking for a suggestion for cheap route-servers.  Preferably
something in the 1-3U size range.  I need to be able to take at least 4
full BGP views.  And I'd like to spend less than $1500 (used is OK).

I've seen some cheap used 7500's that would be OK if they weren't so
large.

I've been playing with Zebra (0.93b) and it seems to have problems
sometimes talking to other routers running Zebra (but talking to Cisco and
Juniper seems fine).  Anyone used ZebOS?
http://www.ipinfusion.com/products/products_home.html

Anyone know how it differs from the free version of Zebra?

Ralph Doncaster
principal, IStop.com