[inet-ops] Cidr report here?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Mon Dec 13 23:09:15 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:43:46PM -0500, Joe Provo wrote:
> Jeared, Geoff, et al,

	Not sure who the Jeared person is, but speaking as
a Jared-type of person, i've permitted that address to post to the
list.

> Maybe the cidr report should get distribution here
> for actual discussion of the data?  I got several
> private replies indicating that the spate of nanog-
> banning has indeed had a chilling effect on real
> dialog. I'd like to followup some of Michael's
> further exmaination of the metrics showing imrpovment,
> but don't feel it would be intellectually honest
> to do so in a forum where I know people are interested
> and have value to add yet are self-censoring.
>
> Cc'd to people who publicly commented and may not
> be on inet-ops, bcc'd to those wwho privately
> commented for similar reasons.

	sure, i'm fairly straighforward with the lists that
i host, i want them to be of techincal value and not sales stuff.

	i could also create a cidr-report-discuss type list, but a forum
like this would probally be better suited, as it may get a broader
audience.  (but i could also be wrong).

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net