[iptv-users] VC-1 encoder appliances and encoding settings?

Bruce Buchanan bbuchana at nexicomgroup.net
Wed Aug 19 09:08:31 EDT 2009

Hi List - I've been on the list for a little bit lurking, but never posted.

We're looking at possibly doing an IPTV deployment, and I'm quite interested in hearing what sort of off the shelf equipment I would need to test out an encoder (without going and buying a ridiculously expensive dedicated encoder).

I'm looking to do everything in MPEG-4 as a lot will be on DSL (ADSL2+ and VDSL2).

Thanks!
Bruce

Bruce Buchanan
Senior Network Technician