[iptv-users] encoding for iptv

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Aug 19 11:04:50 EDT 2009

Bruce:

Are you talking about testing the encoded quality?  I'll let the others
correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the average/smaller service
provider should spend the resources doing that themselves.  Even if you
purchased some QoE gear, you probably don't have the staff or in-house
expertise to evaluate it anyways.  A better use of your company's time and
money may be to ask on this list, enlist the help of a consultant (who has
done this several times before), purchase some consulting time from one or
two IPTV integrator who have done this before, and get customer references
from a short list of vendors and call them up.

Frank