[iptv-users] STB/video stream monitoring

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Wed Jul 1 04:41:19 EDT 2009

The typical approach I see is the following:

- L7 in depth analysis tools at the head-end to make sure the outgoing
streams are clean.
- L3 monitoring within the core and edge
- L3 (via RTCP stats) for the STB
- L7 with sample STBs located around the network attached to the access

As for the copper issue, are you sure they are only copper and not also
home network related? usually those issues go in pair but most people
are (still) focusing on the copper plant because they haven't (yet) seen
the home networking issues.

Thomas