[iptv-users] Budgetary pricing for encoders

Łukasz C. Jokiel Lukasz.Jokiel at klonex.com.pl
Tue Aug 23 07:16:13 EDT 2011

Dnia 2011-08-22, pon o godzinie 15:26 -0500, Jared Gordon pisze:
> We priced SD encoders a couple of years back and found pretty reasonable
> pricing for SD/HD units from both Harmonic and Skitter.

Frank, we're using ACE for such cases. Beware: It's not SDI/HD-SDI input
but IP compressed input.

It's Harmonic's ProStream 1000 Mux with re-encoders fitted in.
It takes IP/ASI TS and transcodes 60SD or 20HD channels any-to-any (or
combination in 1 to 3 ratio) per 1RU chassis. Very dense, and we
installed first last October for 90 SD MPEG-4 CBR channels (inputs are
MPEG-2 VBR programs in CBR MPTS') and couple of HD channels on top.
Works like a charm.

Also with similar capacity you can check Cisco's DCM with transcoders
cards (MP2->MP4) and by the end of the year there should be newer
trancoder card with any-to-any.

There are other solutions but not so mature on the market too.

Finally it's the best price per channel on the market if compared to
classic encoders.

**
"Klonex-VCS" PUH Sp. z o.o., Zbozowa 27, 45-837 Opole
KRS: 0000040565, Sad Rejonowy w Opolu, VIII Wydzial Gospodarczy KRS
NIP: 754-033-46-36, wysokosc kapitalu zakladowego: 500 000,00 zl

--
   -=[ Lukasz C. Jokiel ]=- | CCNA/CCDA/CCIP,DVB-C,IPTV,DOCSIS,
alt mail/jabber: lukasz.jokiel at gmail.com sys&net adm at klonex.pl
   phone: +48774572901*116 | Skype: lukaszjokielklonex
       PGP Key: -=[http://lukasz.jokielowie.com/]=-