[Irtf-rr] AW: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

Hummel Heinrich Heinrich.Hummel@icn.siemens.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:24:59 +0200

Venkata,
We have only discussed for three weeks and have just scratched a little =
bit on the
disadvantages of SPF. Most of it in the light that real road traffic =
won't be managed
based on such egocentric view. We are about to look at the existing =
IETF concepts and will
certainly discover a lot of things which can be improved, simplified, =
enabled.

Heinrich

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Naidu, Venkata [mailto:Venkata.Naidu@Marconi.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. August 2002 17:02
An: 'Hummel Heinrich'; 'Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student)';
Manfredi, Albert E
Cc: routing-discussion@ietf.org; 'irtf-rr@puck.nether.net'
Betreff: RE: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

Heinrich,
=20
-> I think the more we debate, the more usefull things we will=20
-> discover:-)

  Yes! you are right :) But we can't keep on discussing or
  learning things... :-)

  Average age of a person who can make significant=20
  novel contribution to any field will increase in=20
  future years. Next generations will definitely=20
  suffer & struggle for existence in the changing=20
  facets of science & technology (unless intellectual=20
  power of humans increase by birth).=20

  To make it crystal clear, now (in 2002) it is=20
  enough to invent something new/beneficial technology,
  if we follow past work done by few Yakov Rekhters.
  But in future, an average inventor must know
  thousands of such Yakov Rekhters works. Is that=20
  possible in a life span ? :)

  It is highly unlikely that a person can invent=20
  something new with out complete understanding of=20
  relevant past work done on any subject.

  I am really worried...

--
Venkata.