[Irtf-rr] Just an idea for a self organiziong IPv6 address space network

Curtis Villamizar curtis@fictitious.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:25:08 -0500

In message <DED9C2BCA57FC544ABF93CD5EE01F28C1FEEDE@um-mailnode1.um.umsystem.edu
>, "Pepmiller, Craig E." writes:
> I have been considering making a proposal for part of the reserved IPv6 addre
> ss space.  The goal would be experimentation into a self-organizing network.
>  Please help me brainstorm what is needed for a self-organizing IP network.

I suggest that you stop wasting your time.  The Internet is a mesh at
many oranizational and topological levels, not a hierarchy.  The
business interests at play here barely trust each other and accepting
addresses in such a fashion just isn't going to fly.

Curtis