[Irtf-rr] draft-irtf-routing-reqs-00.txt

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Fri Aug 15 23:37:47 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 07:02 AM, avri wrote:

> Hi Yakov,
>
> I thought I had already essentially already said that in the intro, in
> fact almost going so far as to say it wasn't possible. But am glad to
> add the following paragraph to the intro as well.
>
> thanks
> a.

I tend to agree, given this (somewhat implicit) disclaimer in the
"Background" section:

    In reading this document it is important to keep in mind that all of
    these requirements are in fact just suggestions. As an informational
    document, these suggestions are laid out to assist those interested
    in working on new routing architectures. It is also important to
    remember that while the people working on these suggestions have done
    their best to make intelligent suggestions there is no guarantee. So,
    one last, or rather first, suggestion to anyone reading this
    document, do not treat what it says as absolute, and do not treat
    every suggestion as necessary.  No architecture is expected to
    fulfill every 'requirement.'  Hopefully, though, future architectures
    will consider what is offered in this document.