[j-nsp] Juniper as a route-server

Richard A Steenbergen ras@e-gerbil.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:28:22 -0500

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 11:26:22AM -0700, Mike Benjamin wrote:

> It's Unix, you have the FreeBSD telnetd code available to you.  Hack it
> up to allow login w/ no username/password and default to user guest.
> Manage the box via a getty login on ttyd0 or via sshd with your
> "enabled" account.  You're already using an olive, no worries about
> support contracts with the box =).

Hahaha, go find the enable password to your own route-server Mike. :)

But seriously, I've already received 4 private emails over this from
people interested in deploying Juniper's in similar situations. Sounds
like this might be a popular thing, worthy of more than bring-your-own
telnetd hacking.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras