[j-nsp] SCBs

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Mon Dec 16 13:58:05 EST 2002

An M40e is completely different chassis to the M40 and therefore has
different SCBs.

The M40 (normal not enhanced) has three types of SCBs

SCB-M40-S which is the older version with Internet Processor I
SCB-E-M40 which is the newer version with Internet Processor II
SCB-E-16-M40 which has IP II and 16 MB Ram

M40e's do not have SCBs they have SFMs,  this is because the M40e is
based on the M160 chassis and shares many of its parts

Hope this clears it up