[j-nsp] REG: Per Application based Class of Service

Neil Fernando neilfernandok at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 27 16:58:49 EST 2002

Hello,

I have a question in regard to CoS implementations on Juniper routers. I am
aware that its possible to set "forwarding classes" based on the source
interfaces that are connected to the PE router. I would like to understand,
whether the same can be extended to set "forwarding classes" based on the
application / on a per protocol basis. Ideally I would like to set varied
class of service for different traffic types coming from a single source
interface ie connected to the PE router.

Something like, whether I could have FTP traffic assigned to a Gold queue,
and HTTP traffic assigned to a silver queue, which enters the MPLS network
from the same customer.

TIA
Neil