[j-nsp] Problems with OSPF stub area (Juniper and Cisco)

Matti Saarinen mjs@cc.tut.fi
06 Nov 2002 08:31:06 +0200

Avram Dorfman <avram@juniper.net> writes:

> I tried this config between two junipers, and at first the /25 did not
> show up either, but it shouldn't have - there were no more specific
> active routes from the range to coalesce.
>
> Then I added a 193.167.206.16/30 hanging off of the "cisco" in your
> scenario, and both it and the /25 discard route showed up on both
> routers.
>
> Do you have such a subordinate route actually in your area?

     Hi

     No, I don't have such a route. But, now I looked at Cisco's
     configuration again and noticed the the following command
     under the atm interface's configuration.

      ip ospf network broadcast

     When I remove the command the /25 route disappears from the
     routing table. So, I think there's the problem. I couldn't find
     the similar configuration statement under Juniper's OSPF
     configuration. Is there any way to configure the similar
     functionality in JUNOS? I mean that the way OSPF sees the ATM
     interface should be broadcast instead of point-to-point.

> (As a side note, I don't see how you got your ATM interface to come up
> without having specified the atm-options vpi 0 max-vcs statement, or
> did you just omit it from your email?)

     Yes, I did omit it from my email.

     Cheers,

--
Matti Saarinen, Tampere University of Technology / Network Administration
Phone:	+358 3 3115 3337 # Address:	P.O. Box 692