[j-nsp] XML sample request

Neil Stirling neil.stirling@nortelnetworks.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:43:13 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29562.8763897A

All,

I'm trying to learn XML with respect to JUNOscript, and as such would like
to pick the brains of people who have had some success in this area.

I've read the Juniper examples and a few XML books so I understand the tags
and DTD's, but don't understand the way to query a Juniper router.

I've read
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos43/junoscript43/html/session-g
uide12.html, but need some clarification.
Specifically I need some help with establishing a connection to a Juniper
through the JUNOscript session and then using XML to query the router.

Any and all responses would be very welcome.

Thanks, Neil.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29562.8763897A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>XML sample request</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All, </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm trying to learn XML with respect to JUNOscript, =
and as such would like to pick the brains of people who have had some =
success in this area. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've read the Juniper examples and a few XML books so =
I understand the tags and DTD's, but don't understand the way to query =
a Juniper router. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've read <A =
HREF=3D"http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos43/junoscript43/ht=
ml/session-guide12.html" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos43/junos=
cript43/html/session-guide12.html</A>, but need some =
clarification.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Specifically I need some help with establishing a =
connection to a Juniper through the JUNOscript session and then using =
XML to query the router.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any and all responses would be very welcome.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks, Neil.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>