[j-nsp] Password recovery on a dual RE M160

Philipp Volkemer philipp.volkemer@nortelnetworks.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:38:33 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27668.3DF6F4CA

Hi guys,

we have a problem with a customer who has lost both the root and the admin
passwords for 2 of their M160s.

I do have a document describing the password recovery procedure and it works
fine in our lab with a single RE M160.

But the customer has 2 REs in each of their M160s and I was wondering how
the recovery should be done here.

Additionally we can't request a system reboot via CLI since we only have a
readonly user account left.

Has somebody ever recovered a lost password on a dual RE M160? Any hints or
procedures?

Thanks,

Philipp

P.S.: Software running is 5.2R1.4

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27668.3DF6F4CA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>Password recovery on a dual RE M160</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi guys,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>we have a problem with a customer who has lost both the root and the admin passwords for 2 of their M160s.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I do have a document describing the password recovery procedure and it works fine in our lab with a single RE M160.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>But the customer has 2 REs in each of their M160s and I was wondering how the recovery should be done here.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Additionally we can't request a system reboot via CLI since we only have a readonly user account left.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Has somebody ever recovered a lost password on a dual RE M160? Any hints or procedures?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Philipp</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>P.S.: Software running is 5.2R1.4</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C27668.3DF6F4CA--