[j-nsp] Regular expressions in CLI.

Robert Craig rcraig@juniper.net
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 11:28:39 -0700

--Apple-Mail-6--1002971344

Double-quotes around the match expression will take care of the syntax
error.  I agree that "syntax error" is a bit cryptic, I can only assume
that the developer was making an ironic reference to the days of
FORTRAN IV.  ;-)

It's no consolation, but the documentation does state

"If the regular-expression contains any spaces, operators, or wildcard
characters, enclose it in quotation marks."

Robert.

On Monday, September 2, 2002, at 09:46 AM, David Martinez CSIC RedIRIS
wrote:

> show route aspath-regex ^1299.* | match (\+|\*)
--Apple-Mail-6--1002971344

Double-quotes around the match expression will take care of the syntax
error.  I agree that "syntax error" is a bit cryptic, I can only
assume that the developer was making an ironic reference to the days
of FORTRAN IV.  ;-)

It's no consolation, but the documentation does state

any spaces, operators, or wildcard characters, enclose it in quotation

</bigger></bigger>