[j-nsp] multi-line system { login { message "" }} ?

Dmitri Kalintsev dek@hades.uz
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:23:47 +1000

Hi good people,

Can anybody kindly point out for me how to set up a multi-line login message
in JunOS? The following syntax:

message "blah\n blah\n blah\n";

is no good for me, because:

- I *hate* to see my neat 17-line message all wrapped-up (and the fact is that
process of editing it later is an absolute nightmare);

- CLI does have a line length limit, that won't let me fit my message all on
one line.

Besides making my message shorter, is there any way of doing this:

message "blah\n
         blah\n
         blah\n";

I've tried "\" at the end of the line, and CLI does not like it.

Thanks!

P.S. I *do* want my message nice and terse. It is my sacred right. ;)

SY,
--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au