[j-nsp] Advertising a default route from JUNOS

Nicolas Fevrier nicolas.fevrier at telindus.fr
Fri Apr 4 15:13:01 EST 2003

Hi Rich,

a Juniper's KB view note deals with the subject : Note 652
(if you have access to the kb).

Roughly, here are the steps described in the note :
1. create a static route w/0.0.0.0 and discard,
2. create a policy to export that route,
3. include the policy in the neighbor statement for the neighbor to whom you
want this to apply.

Cheers,

Nicolas.

# Hi,
#
# We've got a few M-40's handling our transit which get full internet
# routing tables via BGP.  In turn, we want them to advertise a default
# route via OSPF to all the internal OSPF capable routers.
#
# I was wondering what's the best way to do this on a Juniper.
# Is there an
# equivalent of the "default-information originate" and
# "default-network"
# commands or is there a better implementation under Junos?
#
# Cheers,
#
# Rich