[j-nsp] VRRP

Nicolas Fevrier nicolas.fevrier at telindus.fr
Mon Apr 7 14:24:44 EDT 2003

>From the book :
"The P1 router is configured with a single neighbor statement.
You must configure r1 and r2 to peer with P1 while ensuring that
the failure of either r1 or R2 does not result in chronic loss
of the routes advertised by P1".

No doubt it's just another lab trick you'll never use
in the "real life".

Nicolas.

# Hi Michael,
#
# I don't have a copy of the book, but if I read your question
# right, you're
# suggesting that a router has a peering session with two
# boxes, which happen
# to have VRRP configured.  Whatever happens, I wouldn't peer
# with the VRRP
# address.  I'd peer with the interface address (for eBGP) or
# the loopback
# (for iBGP).  Therefore, the VRRP address is irrelevant to any
# BGP session.
#
# VRRP is really only there to give some resilience to devices,
# which don't
# support IP routing and only support a default gateway.
#
# Regards,
#
# Guy