[j-nsp] GigE: M10 <-> Cisco Catalyst 6509: oversized and corrupted frames

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Wed Apr 9 09:46:05 EDT 2003

Dmitri Kalintsev <dek at hades.uz> writes:

> I may sound stupid, but have you tried to replace the fibre cable between
> your Juniper and Cat to the ONE THAT IS KNOW TO BE GOOD?

     No, I haven't. At the moment, I'm fairly sure that there's no
     problem in the connection or in the communication between the M10
     and the 6509.

> May I also suggest obtaining an optical splitter for your GigE link
> so that you do actually capture what is going on on the glass,

     Such a thing would be really nice to have. I have to start
     looking around whether anyone here sells the splitters.

> There's also one more quetion: is your Cat running in native mode or
> hybrid?

     Native.

> How periodical are your errors and do they concide (J and C side)?

     The only one reporting the errors is the Cat and the errors
     appear once in a few hours. M10 has nothing to complain about
     (well, there's a tiny memory leak, but the box doesn't complain
     about it yet...)

     This really is a Cisco issue more than a Juniper one

     Thanks to all who helped.

     Cheers,

--
- Matti -