[j-nsp] BGP Route Reflector

MPuras at solunet.com MPuras at solunet.com
Mon Apr 21 10:48:51 EDT 2003

I think the issue here is the fact that A and B have the same cluster ID.
When router B learns a route from its client (router E), on reflecting the
route, it attaches the clusterID to the route and sends it to other clients
and Router A.  However, when router A gets the route it sees that it came
from the same clusterID therefore it drops it.  You can verify this by
looking at routes you are advertising to Router A from B.  Also check
whether A is even installing it into the routing table.  I would suspect
that it is not due to router A thinking that the route it just received is
looped and discarding it before it is even processed into the RIB-IN-ADJ
table.  You can also overcome this issue (if in fact it is the issue) by
changing the cluster-id on Router A.  Please let me know the outcome.
Thanks.

Thanks,

Mario Puras
SoluNet Technical Support
Mailto: mpuras at solunet.com
Direct: (321) 309-1410
888.449.5766 (USA) / 888.SOLUNET (Canada)