[j-nsp] Any ERX 1400 Impressions ???

Truman Boyes truman at research.suspicious.org
Wed Apr 30 14:39:43 EDT 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 02:43 PM, Jeronimo Diez de Sollano
Velazco Aceves wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are evaluating the ERX system recently adquired by juniper.
> Please if anyone have this equipment helpme with your impressions,
> problems
> and tips.
>
> Specifically i´m interested in latency and in the power system module
> (do
> you can change the module without having to turn off the whole
> equipment??
>
> Thanks for any comment.
>
> JEronimo

Jeronimo,

The ERX has been designed to provide wire-rate performance with minimum
packet sizes. You may want to take a look at the QoS documentation
(release 4.0 and greater), to address latency when you have
oversubscription. SRPs and line cards are hot swappable, meaning you
can change line cards while the system is running. You must insert the
IOA ( the rear line card ) before you insert the LM ( front) to prevent
any electrical issues. The reverse is true when pulling cards out of
the system. (Pull front card, then rear card).

On the rear of the ERX chassis the power module is replaceable but
since both power leads connect to it, you must power the system off to
replace it.

Truman