[j-nsp] OSPF LSA5 Summarization

Nicolas Fevrier nicolas.fevrier at telindus.fr
Fri Aug 1 01:36:35 EDT 2003

Ok, a reply to myself...
This can be simply done changing the area 1 to NSSA and using the
"area 1 nssa area-range 140.0/14" command on the ABR.
ASBR advertises the 4 routes with LSA7 and the ABR only advertises
the summary range with LSA5.
Thanks a lot to Mario for his assistance,

Cheers,

Nicolas.

# Hi,
#
# Imagine an ASBR router into area 1 advertises external E2 routes
# (let's say 140.0/16, 140.1/16, 140.2/16 and 140.3/16) to my
# Juniper ABR.
# How can I convince this ABR to send a LSA5 (and4) update 140.0/14
# to the other routers in area 0 ?
# The area-range does a great job into summarizing routes advertised
# with LSA type 1 and 2. But it sure doesn't work with LSA 5.
# This can be done easily on some other brand products with the command
# "summary-address".
#
# I tried to set up a similar behavior using policy statements
# redistributing
# a aggregate 140.0/14 and advertising every ospf route except
# 140.x/16 but
# with no success (which is normal, LSA5 are flooded everywhere).
#
# How can it be done ? any hidden command to do the trick ?
#