[j-nsp] Filtering people pointing default

Niels Bakker niels=juniper-nsp at bakker.net
Tue Aug 5 04:53:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

* junoguy at earthlink.net (Junoguy) [Tue 05 Aug 2003, 03:25 CEST]:
[..]
> prefix-list local-addresses {
>     apply-path "interfaces <*> unit <*> family inet address <*>";
> }

I tried this but it doesn't work!  See below why:

> [edit]
> rs at R0# show policy-options prefix-list local-addresses |display
> inheritance
> ##
> ## apply-path was expanded to:
> ##     192.168.0.10/24;

It claimed that the prefix had bits set outside the netmask, which is of
course correct, only it's too bad that the cli trips over it...

[edit policy-options prefix-list local-addresses]
niels at junix# show | display inheritance
[some removed]
##
## apply-path was expanded to:
##     193.148.15.5/24;
[some more removed]
##
apply-path ïnterfaces <*> unit <*> family inet address <*>";

[edit policy-options prefix-list local-addresses]
niels at junix# commit check
[edit policy-options prefix-list local-addresses apply-path]
  'apply-path "interfaces <*> unit <*> family inet address <*>"'
    '193.148.15.5/24' has non-zero bits where bits in mask are zero
error: configuration check-out failed

Filtering based on BGP peers works fine, btw (and I applaud Juniper
for sending clueful people to RIPE meetings to raise awareness about
features like that).

Regards,

	-- Niels.