[j-nsp] Source based routing on m160 with Junos 5.5R2.3

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Tue Aug 12 11:17:46 EDT 2003

J.Veen at Planettechnologies.nl (Jeroen Veen) writes:

> Thanks for all the tips/links in response to my previous question!
>
> Another question in line of the same subject:
>
> Is there a way to send routes acquired through BGP into a specific routing table? As in, put all the 172.16/8 routes into FBF_Routing_Table and use this table for all interfaces that get 172.16/8 traffic so it gets completely separate from and independant of 'normal' business.

There are several ways...

You can do that by configuring a rib-group w/ tables that you want to
receive those routes and an rib-group import policy that selects which
routes get imported where. The rib-group can then be applyed to
'protocols bgp group <x> family inet unicast rib-group'...

Or you can try using the 'instance-import' and 'instance-export'
commands which define policies to distribute routes between instances.

  Pedro.