[j-nsp] CoS Question

harry harry at juniper.net
Sat Aug 16 13:53:45 EDT 2003

It is not mandatory to set a buffer size. If I am not mistaken the
buffer size will match the tx rate by default.

Normally you would set a buffer size that is smaller than the default to
reduce/limit queuing delays for a real-time service such as VoIP. If the
TX rate is high enough, a large buffer is not needed, and buffer
real-time traffic in a large queue is often more disruptive then simply
tossing it.

HTHs.