[j-nsp] Big Size Packets on DS3

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Wed Dec 3 03:07:43 EST 2003

> Good Afternoon Everyone!

> Hopefully a quick one if there is something to it. Is
> anybody aware of any bugs/issues
> with transporting pkts bigger than, say 444x bytes, through
> a DS3 interface on JunOS 5.1R3
> running on an M40 with the following simple config:

Since  the  default  MTU is 4474 you know where the default limit
is  and  if  you  want to send bigger mtu size packets what about
increasing the MTU size ?

josefb at M10-xxx> show interfaces t3-1/1/0
Physical interface: t3-1/1/0, Enabled, Physical link is Down
  Interface index: 132, SNMP ifIndex: 23
  Link-level type: PPP, MTU: 4474, Clocking: Internal, Speed: T3,