[j-nsp] MED

harry harry at juniper.net
Wed Dec 3 12:53:38 EST 2003

IOS has options for med=0 vs med=max (not the actual syntax) that determines
how the lack of a MED is interpreted. JUNOS does not. If not mistaken, we
always consider no med as a MED of 0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_refe
rence_chapter09186a008017d026.html#1039367

bgp bestpath med missing-as-worst
To have Cisco IOS software consider a missing Multi Exit Discriminator (MED)
attribute in a path as having a value of infinity, making the path without a
MED value the least desirable path, use the bgp bestpath med
missing-as-worst command in router configuration mode. To return the router
to the default (assign a value of 0 to the missing MED), use the no form of
this command.

bgp bestpath med missing-as-worst
no bgp bestpath med missing-as-worst
Syntax Description

This command has no arguments or keywords.

Defaults

The software assigns a value of 0 to the missing MED, causing the path with
the missing MED attribute to be considered the best path.

Command Modes

Router configuration

Command History