[j-nsp] RE: bgp config changes (was: autonomous-system N loops L)

Pedro Roque Marques roque at juniper.net
Fri Dec 12 17:35:28 EST 2003

Richard A Steenbergen writes:

> Oooh, another good point. Honk if you miss Cisco's style of having
> prefix-lists available seperately from route-maps. I for one sure
> do.

So... if you define a policy statement w/ just one term, which is a
route-filter term that lists the prefixes and does accept/deny, what
is the difference between that and prefix-lists ?

You can include it in policy statements i.e. a policy can reference
another policy and you can include this via policy algebra in import
statements... i.e. you can have

   neighbor 1.2.3.4 import [prefix-filter && generic-policy]

where prefix-filter is

policy-statement prefix-filter {
    term a {
	from {
	    route-filter 10/24 orlonger;
	    [...]
        }
        then accept;
    }
    then reject;
}

I see no difference between this and the cisco prefix-list behaviour.

  Pedro.