[j-nsp] RE: bgp config changes (was: autonomous-system N loop s L)

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Dec 12 23:24:07 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:03:41PM -0500, bbird at epik.net wrote:

> Exactly!  The way I must accomplish this today, is force my
> prefix-list generator to build the list of route-filter's twice,
> (once upto /32 (for customer blackholing), and once upto /24).
> Quite a waste.  And with a large-customer, or non-customer peers,
> these policy-statement's can grow quite large.

Speaking of growing large, has there been any thought given to an
"include" statement in the config, to include data from another file
besides juniper.conf as a way of seperating totally distinct and
potentially 100% automated data like prefix-lists or completely
standardized configs (such as you would use with groups) which you
generally don't want to or need to see when show'ing around in your config
normally?

Personally I would rather just drop to shell and write automated data to a
file, rather than use junoscript or script cli interactions which seem to
be loaded with weird points where you must pause, having to load merge
terminal, etc. I would almost be tempted to give each router its own CVS
reposititory for such data, and have it pull data until it succeeds,
rather than having a central site push data to all routers... Is anyone
doing anything like this now?

Oh and while I'm asking, has anyone else noticed dropped characters on
large pastes or scripts without artifically induced delays ever since
6.1-ish, or is it just me?