[j-nsp] JUNOS Equivalent to CISCO IOS next-hop-self

Hannes Gredler hannes at juniper.net
Mon Dec 15 09:56:49 EST 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 09:43:07AM +0200, Robert Kiessling wrote:
| "Paul Goyette" <pgoyette at juniper.net> writes:
|
| > I can confirm that more than one customer has noticed that the
| > next-hop-self is unconditional, and therefore one's policy needs
| > to be selective WRT which routes are affected by such a policy.
|
| And worse, there is no elegant way to write this policy. I.e. it's not
| possible to say
|
|          from {
|               bgp-source ebgp;
|          }
|          then {
|               next-hop self;
|          }

there is a fix to this problem from JUNOS 6.1 onwards:

the fix allows the policy processor to match against the
"internal" flag which is set for all iBGP learned routes;

from now on your next-hop self policy should look like:

  juniper at route-relector> show configuration policy-options policy-statement nhs
  term no-internal-rewrite {
      from {
          protocol bgp;
          internal; <-------- new option