[j-nsp] BGP4 MIBv2 question on bgpM2PrefixInPrefixesAccepted (fwd)

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Dec 23 07:52:25 EST 2003

No response on idr IETF list, so..

I think Juniper's implementation/interpretation of accepted/rejected
prefixes in the brand new BGP MIB is a bit funky, and loses some
important information (this was tested on 6.1R1).

Is it just me or should PrefixesAccepted include also those prefixes
which passed through the BGP filters, but are currently inactive due
to the existence of a route of better preference?