[j-nsp] Juniper's Gigabit performance

Marcel Lemmen marcel at support.net
Wed Dec 24 06:23:15 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm a lucky owner (*sarcasm*) of a Cisco and at this point I'm hitting the
Cisco 7500 Geip+ max performance. As you might know you can't achieve more
then 400 Mbit/s RX and 400Mbit/s TX since the bus has been divided.

Now we are looking for alternatives so my question, what is Juniper's
interpretation of Gigabit. Is this 1000Mbps divided, 500Mbps for RX and
500 for TX or can one really achieve (close to) 1Gb/s?

Most traffic is NNTP with an average packet size of 1522bytes BTW.

Could you please post your Juniper-experience to the list?

Thank you in advance and a Merry Christmas.

With kind regards,

Marcel Lemmen
Support Net - Partner in Managed Internet Solutions

--= Try http://alt.binaries.nl =--