[j-nsp] Juniper's Gigabit performance

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Dec 24 17:01:32 EST 2003

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 03:20:29PM -0500, Phil Rosenthal wrote:
> Out of curiosity, were you able to have the juniper transmit >1gbps as
> well on a gig-e port , or only receive?
> If so, how?

	We've had GE ports doing line-rate during DoS attacks.

	Infact we've had 2 GE ports doing the ae0 (aggregated ethernet)
doing line rate.  We've since gone to 10ge in those locations, so I can't
remember the exact hardware configuration.

	Those were some impressive tests of the hardware.  Vendors
that want hardware/forwarding testing just need to request a DoS
attack ;-)

	- Jared