[j-nsp] attenuator

Aleksander Zawisza aleks at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Dec 31 14:49:25 EST 2003

LOM,
It depends which Passport card you have. The 3-port ATM SM card has a mean
transmission power of -15 to -8 dBm, and the 2-port ATM IP SM card does -5
to 0 dBm. The cards have a max receive power equal to their max transmit
power.

For the first card you should be ok with no attenuation at either end (but
you might still want to make sure each card receives ~3dBm below
saturation), for the second card you will need to put a 10 dB attenuator on
the Passport transmit.

If you have any more questions on the Passport side please reply off-line.

Regards,

Aleks