[j-nsp] Junos 5.6 any field trial?

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Mon Feb 10 17:47:51 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 07:37:06AM +0800, Jonathan Tse wrote:
> Is there anyone using it in live traffic with reasonable load? I would like
> to hear your comment on the stablity of Junos 5.6.

We've used it on an M5 that runs gigE, ATM OC3c, tunnel PIC, OSPF,
~50 BGP peers, IP multicast (running as the RP in a PIM domain), and
load on the gig side has risen to a couple hundred megs at least
(with filters/policiers slowing it down on the OC3c side) without
any major issues.

The one potential problem you'll want to be careful with is the
following:

  PSN-2003-01-065
  Memory leak during IP address resolution in JUNOS software Release 5.6R1

Note, this pertains only to 5.6 code built before January 17, 2003.

John