[j-nsp] Junos 5.6 any field trial?

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:10:49 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:34:39PM -0500, Phil Rosenthal wrote:
> Have you actually seen this happen?
> Do you know what the exact situation that leads to this is?

I have not see any problems in my situation.  The reason being that
the gig interface connected to a subnet that includes only one other
host and traffic between the two was continuous.  Therefore, the
ARP table is always kept current, avoiding new ARP requests.

Not looking at the Juniper doc, I believe each new ARP entry eats
16 bytes of memory.  Given enough ARPs, you can guess some likely
scenarios.

John