[j-nsp] Load-Balacing Per-Packets on two equal paths

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Feb 13 15:14:11 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:51:17AM +0100, Tomasz Matusiewicz wrote:
> I tried to configure Load-Balancing Per-Packet on two equal paths.
[...]
> I sending about 6Mbit/s IP traffic from TrafficGenerator to NetBSD
> loopback address. But traffic to NetBSD is sended only across one
> interface :-(

Junipers with IP2 (all recent ones) can't do per-packet loadbalancing
at all, only per-flow (even if they call it "per-packet" for whatever
reasons - highly misleading). Often, per-flow is what you want to avoid
packet reordering problems with links with different traversal latency.
In your specific setup, per-packet would be OK though.

Regards,
Daniel