[j-nsp] juniper books

Aviva Garrett aviva at juniper.net
Wed Feb 26 13:39:19 EST 2003

Hi Joshua,

The field guide and reference is a condensation of the JUNOS, M-series,
and T-series from about 9000 pages into 900 pages. This might provided a
good overview, but we lifted almost all the text straight from the
product documentation, reorganizing or reformatting some of it.

We (Juniper book publishing team) reviewed drafts of the Juniper and
Cisco routing book, and didn't think much of it. But Addison-Wesley
published it anyway. Maybe someone else can give you comments on this
book.

If the third book is the complete reference, this is a good overview of
JUNOS software written by a number of Juniper training and professional
services folks.

The certification books were just released in the last week or two, so
that's probably why there are no reviews. I've only glanced at them, and
they are specifically geared towards the categories of questions on the
JNCIA and JNCIP exams. This means that they are probably very good
product overviews.

We (Juniper) haven't really gotten any multivendor (JUNOS and IOS)
books published yet. For information about what we're doing, see
http://www.juniper.net/training/jnbooks/index.html

Thanks,
..Aviva

Aviva Garrett