[j-nsp] Unicast RPF

Rob Walton robert.walton at dante.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 15:34:17 EST 2003

Hi all,

	At present i am currently looking into implementing uRPF within or network
('GEANT'), as such we would like to roll the feature out first in a
non-traffic effecting role so that we can observe the implications it would
have on the router and production traffic. Our intention is to set the
policy so that we accept and log all traffic that fails the check so that
we can work on negating legitimate traffic that is taking an asymmetric
path. Is it possible to log the flows of traffic that fail the check rather
than each packet individually?

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Rob

* * Rob Walton - Network engineer
* *