[j-nsp] BGP origination

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Jan 29 12:45:17 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 09:31:03AM -0800, Clayton Fiske wrote:

> Doesn't this method require a statement per (aggregate) prefix as well?

A route per route is a lot better than a policy-statement term per route.

I'm sorry if I'm the only person on the planet who tries to make the
configs as clean as possible, but it seems like such a loss to have the
very nice functionality of being able to directly attach community tags,
as paths, etc, to a route, and then not be able to use that functionality.

I suppose what I'm really thinking about is something along the lines of a
prefix-list which lets you specify all those per-route options, or some
other way to get those routes with options into the system without having
to make them "actual" routes which compete against other routes for their
existance.