[j-nsp] OSPF LSA5 Summarization

Nicolas Fevrier nicolas.fevrier at telindus.fr
Thu Jul 31 22:36:59 EDT 2003

Hi,

Imagine an ASBR router into area 1 advertises external E2 routes
(let's say 140.0/16, 140.1/16, 140.2/16 and 140.3/16) to my Juniper ABR.
How can I convince this ABR to send a LSA5 (and4) update 140.0/14
to the other routers in area 0 ?
The area-range does a great job into summarizing routes advertised
with LSA type 1 and 2. But it sure doesn't work with LSA 5.
This can be done easily on some other brand products with the command
"summary-address".

I tried to set up a similar behavior using policy statements redistributing
a aggregate 140.0/14 and advertising every ospf route except 140.x/16 but
with no success (which is normal, LSA5 are flooded everywhere).

How can it be done ? any hidden command to do the trick ? (I'm in 5.4R2.4 in
my lab)

Cheers,

Nicolas.