[j-nsp] uRPF - Performance

Rubens Kuhl Jr. rubens at email.com
Wed Jun 25 00:02:33 EDT 2003

There is a performance drop from 40Mpps to 12.5Mpps when use anything other
than standard plain routing... if you have a firewall-filter configured, it
already has such a penalty in place.Although it's 125 times your peak
traffic flow, you should consider the peak traffic that a DoS attack can
generate on the router, not your usual traffic. Even than, it's very
unlikely that usual configurations of M-5, M-10 and M-20 interfaces can sum
up to that amount.

Rubens