[j-nsp] mpls ds-te supporting?

Hannes Gredler hannes at juniper.net
Tue Mar 11 10:49:49 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 02:06:48AM +0000, David Liang wrote:

| Is the DS-TE(also Diffserv-aware TE) supported on Junos by now? I searched
| the Document site, didn't find any.

diffserv TE is not yet implemented;

<personal-not-speaking-for-my-employer-comment>
 most SPs do have 1-2 classes at their cores:
 typically BE and EF (voice); typically EF is served
 using a strict high queuing discipline;

 for one class prempting everything else and BE traffic
 being best-effort it makes no sense to deploy DS-TE
</personal-not-speaking-for-my-employer-comment>

/hannes