[j-nsp] Interface policy route-map/next-hop

Laura Grill-Kristoff laura at rocky.nsg.northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 31 13:23:17 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:47:50AM -0700, Link King wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I'm in the process of converting Cisco configurations to Juniper and am
> trying to setup a policy statement to set next-hop addresses on a physical
> interface.  Setup on Cisco as follows:

I've done this with filter based forwarding.  You setup a routing instance
with either a static route or have it populated with routes from other
protocols... you probably just want a static route.  You then create a
filter on the interfaces this traffic will be coming in on and send that
traffic to the routing instance you created.

I'm not sure if there is a better way to do it, but this method is working
for our purposes.

--
Laura Kristoff
IT Telecommunications and Network Services
847-491-4094   l-grill at northwestern.edu