[j-nsp] default-address-selection not working?

Lars Erik Gullerud lerik at nolink.net
Tue May 13 20:03:08 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 18:45, Pekka Savola wrote:
> Yes, we've had the same problem with 5.4R3 (though how it came to be is a
> different issue); a reboot (and simultaneous upgrade to 5.6) fixed it.
>
> Our screwup supposedly happened because 5.4 allowed you to configure an
> lo0._1_ unit (and someone did that), but even though you removed it, it
> would still screw up the default address selection until the reboot.
> This has been prevented in 5.3 and 5.4, and now fixed in 5.4R4.
>
> But, of course, this could be a different problem too.

No, I believe you have correctly identified the problem. Some time quite
a while ago someone did in fact screw up and add a "unit 1" to lo0,
which was of course promptly removed again. This problem of course did
not manifest itself until now, since by coincidence the IP used on lo0.0
has been the lowest IP on the router until now. I guess I have to bite
the bullet and schedule a reboot which hopefully fixes this.

Thanks for your input.

/leg